Do Mauritians need a visa for India?
Yes. A visa is required for Mauritian citizens to travel to India. This is because Mauritius is not on the exemption list of India visas. However, this is no longer a concern owning to the electronic visas, whose abbreviation is “eVisa.” The Indian eVisas enable Mauritians to get an Indian eVisa without visiting the Embassy or the Consulate. Mauritian passport holders are granted five categories of Indian visas:
- India Tourist Visa
- India Business Visa
- India Medical Visa
- India Conference Visa
- India Medical Attendant Visa
Each type of Indian eVisa is issued for a specific purpose as its name. Therefore, Mauritians should choose the one that best suits their travel plan. For example, if their sole purpose is to visit the cultural heritages in India, they will need to apply for a tourist eVisa. The most significant advantage of eVisa is that it shortens the time to process visa applications. Applicants can expect to receive a visa to visit India in a maximum of 03 business days, or as soon as 05 business hours. Mauritian travelers should visit the India Immigration Services website to get the best assistance for visa applications. Additionally, Travel Insurance is also available to our customers at India Immigration Services.
- How to travel to India from the UK?
- How far in advance can I apply for an Indian e-visa?
- What visa do I need for India from the UK?
- Do UK citizens need visas for India?
- Can I travel to India with a UK travel document?
- What do I need to travel to India from UK?
- Can I get an emergency visa for India?
- Why do medical tourists come to India?
- What business activities are allowed under the Indian e-Business Visa?
- Is the India e-Business Visa the same as an investor visa?