Do we need passport to travel within India?
No, if you are an Indian citizen, you do not need a passport to travel within India. As an Indian citizen, you can use other identification documents such as an Aadhaar card, driving license, PAN card, or voter ID card as proof of identity when traveling within the country.
However, if you are a foreign national visiting India, you are required to carry your passport with a valid visa or e-Visa during your stay in India. Your passport will be checked at immigration checkpoints, hotels, and other accommodation establishments as a standard procedure. Children who are 16 years old or older are required to have their own valid national passport in order to travel to India.
Furthermore, a passport is also a compulsory document when you apply for an Indian visa. When applying for a visa to enter India, it is required that your passport has a minimum validity of six months. Additionally, this passport should have at least two blank pages for visa stamps by the Immigration Officer upon entry into India. In conclusion, if you are a foreigner planning to visit India, you must obtain a valid passport. Don’t forget to check your passport’s validity to avoid any complications that may badly affect your trip to India.
- Can I fly from Dubai to Goa?
- Can I get an Indian visa for medical reasons?
- Is it safe to travel to Mumbai now?
- Can I travel to India with old OCI and new UAE passport?
- How to travel to India from UAE?
- Can UAE residents travel to India?
- How to travel to India from Singapore?
- Is India good for tourism?
- Why is India a famous tourist place?
- What is the Indian Tourist Visa Validity?