How long can you stay in India without a visa?
Travelers visiting India typically cannot stay in the country without a visa. All travelers are required to obtain an appropriate visa to enter and stay in India unless they qualify for visa-exempt categories such as diplomatic or official passport holders.
India offers various types of tourist visas, including the e-Tourist Visa. For regular tourist visas, the duration of stay can vary depending on the type of visa issued. Typical options include tourist visas with a validity of 30 days, 1 year, or 5 years, with varying maximum stays per visit.
It's important to note that the specific duration of stay allowed on a tourist visa is determined by the Indian authorities at the port of entry. Even if you have a valid visa, the immigration officer has the discretion to grant a shorter duration of stay based on their assessment.
To obtain a tourist visa for India, you need to apply in advance through the official Indian embassy or consulate in your country or apply for a visa online. It is advisable to refer to the official India Immigration Services website for the most up-to-date information and instructions on the visa application process.
Travelers should carefully check the qualifying visa requirements, obtain the needed supporting papers, and correctly complete the online application form to ensure a smooth application procedure. Before submitting the application, make sure all the information is verified to prevent any mistakes or delays.
- How to travel to India from the UK?
- How far in advance can I apply for an Indian e-visa?
- What visa do I need for India from the UK?
- Do UK citizens need visas for India?
- Can I travel to India with a UK travel document?
- What do I need to travel to India from UK?
- Can I get an emergency visa for India?
- Why do medical tourists come to India?
- What business activities are allowed under the Indian e-Business Visa?
- Is the India e-Business Visa the same as an investor visa?