How many days can US citizens stay in India?
Electronic visas are granted to US citizens whose objective of traveling to India is tourism, casual visit to their relatives or friends, attending a conference held in the country, participating in business activities, or receiving medical treatment under Indian systems of medicine. For US citizens, obtaining an India visa is quite easy and entirely online. Once they prepare enough required documents, they can begin a 03 simple visa application process to get a visa for India.
Four categories of Indian eVisas permit a different duration of stay:
- e-Tourist Visa is divided into 03 categories. A 30-day e-Tourist Visa allows US citizens to remain in India for up to 30 days from their arrival date. US nationals who acquire a 1-year & 5 years e-Tourist visa can stay in the country for up to 1 year and 5 years respectively, with each visit not exceeding 180 days consecutively.
- e-Business Visa permits a 365-day stay in India, with each stay no more than 180 days continuously.
- e-Conference Visa allows US travelers to attend conferences hosted by a Government Ministry in India and remain in the country for up to 30 days.
- e-Medical & Medical Attendant Visa: If US citizens use this type of visa, they will have a 60-day stay in India.
- Can I fly from Dubai to Goa?
- Can I get an Indian visa for medical reasons?
- Is it safe to travel to Mumbai now?
- Can I travel to India with old OCI and new UAE passport?
- How to travel to India from UAE?
- Can UAE residents travel to India?
- How to travel to India from Singapore?
- Is India good for tourism?
- Why is India a famous tourist place?
- What is the Indian Tourist Visa Validity?