Is India issuing e-visas now?
Yes. Citizens of eligible countries can now request an Indian e visa. The Indian Government introduced the electronic visa system in 2014 to expedite the visa application process as well as reduce the overload for Authorities. Until now, applying for an Indian e visa is the most convenient and efficient way to obtain travel authorization without visiting an Indian embassy or consulate in person.
An Indian e-Visa is a type of travel authorization granted to foreigners who intend to visit India for specific purposes. These purposes include recreation, sightseeing, casual visits to meet friends or relatives, attending a short-term yoga program, medical treatment (including treatment under Indian systems of medicine), and business purposes. It's important to note that the e-Visa is only available for individuals who have no other purpose or activity in India besides the ones listed above. Once approved, the e-Visa allows travelers to stay in India for a limited period of time, and the number of entries depends on the type of visa they possess.
Travelers are able to apply for five types of Indian e visas which are e-Tourist Visa, e-Business Visa, e-Medical Visa, e-Medical Attendant Visa, and e-Conference Visa. Based on the reasons they visit India and how long they stay there, visitors can choose a suitable visa.
- Which language is spoken in Goa?
- Is it hard to get a SIM card in India?
- How to travel to India from Portugal
- Can I apply for a Business Visit to India on a Portuguese passport?
- Is there a requirement for Portuguese Citizens to visit the Indian Embassy at any stage?
- Do Portuguese citizens need visas for India?
- How to travel to India from Cambodia?