Is India issuing e-visas now?
Yes. Citizens of eligible countries can now request an Indian e visa. The Indian Government introduced the electronic visa system in 2014 to expedite the visa application process as well as reduce the overload for Authorities. Until now, applying for an Indian e visa is the most convenient and efficient way to obtain travel authorization without visiting an Indian embassy or consulate in person.
An Indian e-Visa is a type of travel authorization granted to foreigners who intend to visit India for specific purposes. These purposes include recreation, sightseeing, casual visits to meet friends or relatives, attending a short-term yoga program, medical treatment (including treatment under Indian systems of medicine), and business purposes. It's important to note that the e-Visa is only available for individuals who have no other purpose or activity in India besides the ones listed above. Once approved, the e-Visa allows travelers to stay in India for a limited period of time, and the number of entries depends on the type of visa they possess.
Travelers are able to apply for five types of Indian e visas which are e-Tourist Visa, e-Business Visa, e-Medical Visa, e-Medical Attendant Visa, and e-Conference Visa. Based on the reasons they visit India and how long they stay there, visitors can choose a suitable visa.
- How to travel to India from the UK?
- How far in advance can I apply for an Indian e-visa?
- What visa do I need for India from the UK?
- Do UK citizens need visas for India?
- Can I travel to India with a UK travel document?
- What do I need to travel to India from UK?
- Can I get an emergency visa for India?
- Why do medical tourists come to India?
- What business activities are allowed under the Indian e-Business Visa?
- Is the India e-Business Visa the same as an investor visa?