What happens if I arrive in India without a visa?
You will be denied entrance and deported if you arrive in India without a visa. You might also be barred from entering India for an extended length of time.
Before entering India, all foreign nationals must get a visa from the Indian government. This law has a few exceptions, such as citizens of certain nations who are qualified for visa-free entrance. If you are not a citizen of one of these countries, you must apply for a visa before traveling to India.
A visa can be obtained through an Indian embassy or consulate in your native country. The application procedure differs based on your nationality and the type of visa you want. You will, however, be required to produce your passport, a visa application form, and a current photograph. Other documentation, such as a statement from your work or school saying that you need to travel to India, may also be required.
On the other hand, applying for an Indian e-visa is highly recommended owing to its convenience and quick turnaround time. The application process can be completed online on our website Indian Immigration Services, enabling you to obtain a visa in a maximum of three business days.
Here are some pointers to help you avoid traveling in India without a visa:
- Apply for your visa well in advance of your intended departure date. Obtaining an electronic visa is strongly advisable.
- Check that you have all of the necessary paperwork for your visa application.
- For the most up-to-date information on the visa application procedure, visit the website of the Indian Immigration Services.
- If you are unclear if you require a visa, please contact us immediately.
- Which language is spoken in Goa?
- Is it hard to get a SIM card in India?
- How to travel to India from Portugal
- Can I apply for a Business Visit to India on a Portuguese passport?
- Is there a requirement for Portuguese Citizens to visit the Indian Embassy at any stage?
- Do Portuguese citizens need visas for India?
- How to travel to India from Cambodia?