What is an emergency visa for India?
An Indian emergency visa is granted to foreigners who need to visit the country on an urgent or crisis basis. This type of visa facilitates travel to India in such situations as:
Death of a family member or a cherished one in India.
Need to appear in court for legal reasons.
A family member or a cherished one suffering from a serious illness.
Unlike other visas, such as the Indian Tourist Visa, Indian Business Visa, and Indian Medical Visa, the Emergency Visa to India application requires significantly less preparation time. The applicants can expect to receive their visa as soon as 24 hours to a maximum of three days. It's important to note that an Indian emergency visa is not issued for sightseeing, visiting a friend, or attending to complicated relationships since these situations do not fall under emergency circumstances. For such purposes, you would need to apply for an Indian e-visa.
One notable feature of the critical or emergency Indian e-visa application is its processing speed, even on weekends, catering to individuals requiring urgent travel to India due to unforeseen emergencies. The visa application process is straightforward, enabling visitors to get their visas as soon as possible. Applicants are advised to bring a printed and signed application form, a passport that is valid for at least six months, 2 personal photographs, supporting documents, and money to pay the visa fee.
- How to travel to India from the UK?
- How far in advance can I apply for an Indian e-visa?
- What visa do I need for India from the UK?
- Do UK citizens need visas for India?
- Can I travel to India with a UK travel document?
- What do I need to travel to India from UK?
- Can I get an emergency visa for India?
- Why do medical tourists come to India?
- What business activities are allowed under the Indian e-Business Visa?
- Is the India e-Business Visa the same as an investor visa?