What is the validity of the India visa for Australian citizens?
The validity of the India visa for Australian citizens varies depending on the type of visa they are applying for. At India Immigration Services, Australian nationals can pick one of 04 categories of Indian electronic visas based on their travel purposes.
- e-Tourist Visa is valid for 01 month from the issued date, permitting a maximum stay of 30 days in India. It is a double entry visa, and cannot be extended or converted.
Additionally, the Indian Government has removed the suspension on long-term tourist eVisa for Australian citizens from March 2022.
1 year & 5 years e-Tourist Visa: These types of visas are granted to Angullian nationals who wish to visit this remarkable tourist destination on a frequent basis. A 1 year & 5 years e-Tourist visa has a validity of 1 year and 5 years respectively from the issued date.
- e-Business Visa is granted to Australian residents who would like to make a trip to India for business activities or trades. It is valid for 365 days from the date of grant of an ETA with multiple entries into the country.
- e-Medical Visa: The e-Medical Visa is valid for four months after it has been issued. Australian passport holders can stay in India for up to 60 days to receive medical treatment there.
- e-Conference Visa: From the date of issuance, the e-Conference Visa is valid for four months.
- How to travel to India from the UK?
- How far in advance can I apply for an Indian e-visa?
- What visa do I need for India from the UK?
- Do UK citizens need visas for India?
- Can I travel to India with a UK travel document?
- What do I need to travel to India from UK?
- Can I get an emergency visa for India?
- Why do medical tourists come to India?
- What business activities are allowed under the Indian e-Business Visa?
- Is the India e-Business Visa the same as an investor visa?