India makes it easier for foreign nationals’ entry
The home ministry has liberalised India’s visa rules to simplify the entry of foreign nationals and give them greater flexibility in terms of permitted activities.
The main visa categories, apart from those issued for long-term visits and to SAARC members and Overseas Citizens of India, have been scaled down to 21 from 26 by clubbing common groupings.
These include combining the medical attendant and medical visas, project and employment visas, internship and research with student visas and sports with business visas.
The number of visa sub-categories has been cut to 65 from 104 by merging segments, the tourism ministry said in a letter to travel associations on Wednesday, a copy which ET reviewed. “The ministry of home affairs has recently made amendments in various chapters of the visa manual…
- Entry Requirements with PCR Test To Travel To India
- India restores e-Tourist Visa for 1 year and 5 years
- The Indian Government allows travelers to apply for e-Tourist Visa from Oct 15, 2021.
- India to Allow Validity Extension of Business Visa to Up to 15 years
- India e-visa is now available for Saudi Arabia
- Indian mission warns UAE job seekers over visa status
- Visiting India? e-Visa rules modified
- Announcement of new Indian e-Visa Fee of Country/Territory Wise
- Requirments for Extension of Visa
- Travel Benefits By Ship
- Extension of eTourist Visa scheme to 37 more countries
- Indian government extends eTourist visa for 36 more countries