Indian visa requirements for Austrian citizens
India, as known as one of the most unique countries in the world, is a destination you should visit if you are a travel-lover and a dreamland for business as India is one of the most active markets in the world. As an Austrian, you need a Visa to enter India. Before, the application process used to take time and a lot of effort. But now, thanks to e-Visa, you can apply and easily get your results within a little amount of time.
1. India Visa for Austrian citizens
All visitors from countries which are not in the exemption list of the Indian government are required to obtain a visa before their arrival. For this reason, Austrian citizens who wish to enter India need an Indian e-Visa either online or through a local Indian embassy or consulate.
But like the majority of travellers visiting India from Austria, you should apply for an electronic visa, also e-visa, for more convenience and decrease your effort on preparing for your Indian trip.
There are 4 options of eVisa type for different reasons that you can choose:
- e-Tourist Visa: allow to stay in 30 days, starting from your entry point of time. With this type of eVisa, you only have one entry time and cannot be extended, so if you plan to stay for more than your expectation, consider renewing your visa as soon as possible.
- e-Business Visa: allow to stay in a year which gives you permission to enter India multiple times, but cannot stay for more than 180 continuous days for each visit.
- e-Conference Visa: 30 days of validity since your date of entry, and you are allowed to get into India once only with this type of eVisa.
- e-Medical Visa: used for medical treatment in Indian territory. For this type of eVisa, you have permission to get in and out of India 3 times in a period of 60 days.
2. Docs Austrians need to prepare for an Indian Visa application
As an Austrian, as well as many other nationals, you may need to consider some documents in order to gain permission to enter India. It is quite simple and we will clarify it for you below.
Basically, you need to prepare the following documents whatever the type of e-visa you apply for:
- A copy of your valid passport which has at least 6 months validity and 1 blank page for stamping.
- An image of your portrait with a clear face and background.
For each kind of e-visa, the government may require some extra documents. For the two most common e-visas, you should get these things below:
- For a tourist e-visa, it could be your travel itinerary. About your return ticket and tour, we highly recommend that you no need to confirm before the visa is issued.
- For a business e-visa, it could be an invitation letter from organizations in India or a business card.
- For others, you could contact us for more information.
As an effort on improving the quality of your Indian trip, we highly recommend you to add Covid-19 insurance , also travel insurance, on the process of e-visa application, just a click to choose that service. It is a protector of yours when you are far away from your home country.
3. Indian visa fee for Austrian citizens
To apply for an India visa online, you have to pay two visa fees (a service fee and a government fee) and an additional optional fee for insurance as mentioned previously.
Read more: India e-Visa fee.
Due to the available payment method list, you can choose from 2 main methods: electronic transaction and wire transfer. For electronic transactions, you will pay by one of the following choices: Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
4. How to apply for an Indian visa as an Austrian citizen
With Indian e-visa, you have the best way to apply for an Indian visa whatever your location. And now, it is even easier with our support. Everything you need is follow the three simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill the application form online .
- Step 2: Make payment and check email frequently to update our instruction.
- Step 3: Receive your approved e-visa via email.
Remember to consider the point of time you wish to receive your e-visa as well as the add-on services we supply to get your trip to the next level.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- China- SAR Hongkong
- China- SAR Macau
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cote d’lvoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor