What You Need To Know About India E-visa Photo Requirements
Applicants may have many questions regarding photo requirements for their India e-visa, specially the size and background of the image. So keep reading this article to learn more about India eVisa photo requirements for applicants.
For many travelers, India is one of the most ideal destinations for their holidays with friends and family. There are more and more international visitors traveling to this country to see the ancient ruins, tropical islands, unique culture and tribes that bring them unforgettable experiences.
Before having a trip to India, you have to prepare some important things including your flight tickets, travel itinerary as well as your India visa. Since 2014, The Government of India has launched an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) that makes it easier for foreigners to obtain a visa to India. It is used for different purposes such as tourism, business, conference or medical treatment. Without waiting for several hours and filling out the paperwork at the Embassy of India, applicants now can use an e-visa to enter this country in the most convenient way.
India evisa photo requirements
1. The India eVisa photo requirements by the India Immigration & Evisa Portal
For applicants who want to shorten the time to prepare the necessary documents to meet the India eVisa photo requirements, India Immigration & Evisa Portal service will be a good choice. When choosing GIS, all you need to do is send us your recent photo that has a clear face and background with a photo of the biographical page of your passport, our experienced staffs will assist you with the rest.
Generally, not only your photo, all procedures you need to conduct would be much simpler and easier when What are the required Documents for e -Visa? with us.
2. The image for an India eVisa photo follow instructions of the government
The Government of India has imposed some photo requirements for an India evisa for international visitors. According to this, the digital photograph that the applicant use for their visa application should meet such requirements as following:
- Format - JPEG
- The Indian visa photo size:
- Minimum 10 KB
- Maximum 1 MB
- The height of the photo must be equal to its width.
- The photo should show the entire face, front view, eyes open, and without spectacles.
- Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin
- The color of background should be plain light, or white.
- The face or the background has no shadows.
- The photo has no borders.
Regarding the scanned bio page of the passport, it must be in PDF format and has a minimum size of 10 KB and 300 KB for the maximum size.
Other document for Business/Medical Purpose
- Format -PDF
- Size : Minimum 10 KB ,Maximum 300 KB
Regarding your passport photo, you have to prepare a scan of the biological page of your passport which is still valid for at least six months from the arrival date. This photograph has a size of minimum 10 KB and a maximum of 300 KB. In case you find it difficult to estimate the appropriate size, you can send us your photos via email [email protected]. then we will be happy to assist you.
3. Other Indian visa photo specifications
Besides the image size, the background is also an important matter that you should consider when applying for the India e-visa. It should be a plain, light-coloured or white background with your face in the center of the photo.
Your face must be visible without sunglasses, hats, or hijab while your mouth closed to maintain a suitable facial expression for the photo requirements. It is also important to note that your eyes are fully open in the India e-visa photo.
You should also make sure that there are no people, pictures or other objects in the background. In addition, there should be no shadows on your face, otherwise, your e-visa application may be rejected.
If your photo does not meet those Indian visa photo specifications, it may cause a delay or even the rejection of your visa application. You should carefully check all the details to ensure that you have a suitable photograph to obtain an evisa.
India visa photo specifications
4. Guidelines to take a suitable India e-visa photograph
- Remove all the unnecessary accessories such as sunglasses, hijab, hats, masks
- Look at the camera and ensure that all parts of your face, from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin are in the frame.
- Double check your photo to make sure there are no shadows or other subjects in the background.
To successfully apply for an India e-visa, applicants are also required to prepare other important documents. They include a personal email address to get your e-visa and some additional documents depending on the purpose of your visa application.
For example, if you apply for an e-Medical visa, you have to present an invitation letter from an Indian hospital or a Medical center. For e-Conference visa type, an invitation letter from the organizer and a Political clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India must be submitted.
We hope that these information will be helpful to you when you apply for an Indian evisa. For more enquiries about your India evisa photo requirements, you can contact us via email: [email protected]
- Varanasi Travel Guide for Spiritual Adventure of India's Sacred City
- Things To Know Before Traveling To India: Essential Tips For A Smooth Trip
- Tips For Traveling In India Before You Visit: Adventure Awaits
- Discovering the Rich Values and Traditions of Indian Culture
- Escape The Heat: Top 5 Enchanting Waterfalls In India For A Summer Getaway
- Foreign Travelers In India: How To Get A Great Experience?
- Understanding The Cultural Significance Of Solar New Year In India
- Reasons To Visit India: A Diverse and Enchanting Destination
- Divine Heritage: Top Best Temples To Visit In India
- Check Out The Best Places To Visit In India During Summer Time
- India Visa For US Minors - The Only Guide You Need
- A Guide On G20 eConference Visa For G20 Summit In India
- Top 10 Must-Try Food In Holi Festival
- Top 5 Best Place To Celebrate Holi In India 2023
- Step into a Rainbow World of Fun and Festivity: Holi Festival 2023 in India
- Reasons for Indian e-Visa rejection
- Street Foods in India: A Delicious Adventure into the Heart of Indian Cuisine
- What Make Harvest Festivals Of India Attract Visitor?
- The Best Time To Visit India: A Guide To Planning Your Trip
- Find Out 6 Amazing Adventure Tourism In India For Your Bucket List
- The Top List of Must-Visit Tourism Pilgrimage Destinations in India
- Joining Scuba Diving In India To Explore The Stunning Underwater Universe
- Famous traditional dances of India you may want to know
- Experience Vast Subcontinent With The Gorgeous Fairs And Festivals In India
- The best tips to prepare for your vacation to India with traditional food of India
- The Famous Michelin-Starred Restaurants in India For Food-lovers
- Top 5 Best Places For Solo Travel In India That You Shouldn’t Miss Out To Visit
- Restricted Areas In India For Foreign Tourists
- Top 6 Best Honeymoon Destinations In India
- Discover The Eco-Friendly Beaches In India Winning The Blue Flag Award
- Top 5 best national parks in India for your travel in 2022
- Top gorgeous traditional clothing in India make up the Indian cultural identity
- Diwali - Light Up Your Soul With India’s Festival Of Lights
- Indian Immigration Services suggests India as an ideal destination for wellness tourism
- What You Need To Know About India E-visa Photo Requirements
Get DISCOUNT 40% for Holi - The World's Most Colorful Festival.
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- Happy Republic Day 2020
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Diwali - the festival of lights
- Five useful tips for your India trip
- Top 3 places for a wonderful trip to India
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Hot deal for you to discover India's Heaven
- India applies free e-visa for Indonesians
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- 5 Tips for India first-timers (Part 1)
- Mouthwatering foods to eat in India-Part 2
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- The mouthwatering foods to eat in India-Part 1
- Great festivals in India, great Deal for e-Visa!
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- India eVisa information
- Where to go in India
- Indian Cuisines
- Holidays in India in 2015
- Things to know before visiting India
- Overview about India
- India changes name of visa on arrival to eVisa
- India launches new visa rules to boost tourism
- Top 10 tourist attractions in India
- Weather in India