Indian e-Visa requirements for Finnish citizens
India is one of the world's most popular tourist destinations. As a result, and to facilitate admission for visitors from all over the world, including Finnish nationals, the Indian government introduced an Indian e-Visa in 2014. To let you know more about e-Visa and how to apply for them effortlessly, in this article, we, an experienced travel consultant and advisor, will show you how many available types of Indian e-Visa and their requirements for Finnish citizens.
1. Indian e-Visa for Finnish citizens:
The e-Visa for India allows travelers to visit friends and family, receive short-term medical treatment, or do business in India for a limited time.
Since 2014, India's e-Visa has been divided into 4 categories:
- Indian e-Tourist visa: by using this type of e-visa, you can enter India to visit relatives, sightseeing, or do other recreational activities. For this type of e-visa, you can stay in India for up to 30 days from the day of your entry with a single entry only. In addition, you cannot extend or convert to other types of e-visa once the e-Tourist visa is issued.
- Indian e-Business visa: this type allows you to enter India for business and trading purposes. By using this type, you can stay in India for up to 365 days from the date of granting in total and multiple entry times, each period of stay shall not exceed 180 days.
- Indian e-Conference visa: used for participating in conferences hosted inside India. With this type of e-visa, you can stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival with single entry only.
- Indian e-Medical visa: used for medical treatment in India. With this type of e-visa, you can stay in India for up to 60 days from the date of your first entry and you can enter India 2 more times within that period of 60 days.
2. Indian Visa requirements for Finnish citizens
Finland is one of the 169 citizens whose citizens can apply for an e-Visa to India. Finnish citizens are eligible to apply for all types of e-Visas, including tourist, business, conference, and medical visas.
Because it is online, the e-Visa is simple to obtain and does not necessitate a visit to an Indian embassy or consulate. For applicants from Finland, all that they need is a stable internet connection and their required documentation.
To receive an India e-Visa, Finnish citizens must meet the following requirements:
- The passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival, with 1 blank page for stamping and a scanned copy of your passport biographical page, alongside 1 portrait photograph with a clear background and face.
- An email address for receiving e-visa results.
- Travel itinerary: a detailed plan of your India trip for management. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you shall not complete your bookings for flights or tours before the e-visa is issued.
- Additional document: if you are going to India for business purposes, you will be required to provide your business card and/or invitation letter. Moreover, you can add COVID-19 insurance to your documents folder to increase your chance of getting accepted and more importantly, keep your benefits when traveling abroad.
3. Indian e-Visa fee and payment method:
Once you confirm your documents are completed, you will be charged a total India visa fee to complete the application process, including government and service fees.
For the government fee, since Finland is not on India's exemption list, so it is compulsory for you, as a Finnish.
For the service fee, you are able to choose 1 of 3 options we offer below:
- Normal: used for casual cases when you have enough time to prepare documents and wait for a response. When using this type of service, you will receive your e-visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: used in a hurry when you need to get your e-visa in a day. By using this service type, you will receive your result within just 24 hours.
- Super urgent: used in emergencies when you really need to get your e-visa in hours. This type of service will ensure you get an e-visa within around 5 business hours.
Payment method: After choosing which type of service you want and adding extra service if any, you will know how much you will pay to complete the application process. To pay your total fee, there are 2 main ways: electronic payment and wire transfer. If you are keen on electronic payment, consider using one of the following methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Paypal.