Indian visa for Greece - Evisa requirements for Greek citizens
Greek citizens can now visit India more easily than ever before thanks to the e-Visa.
The India e-Visa application for Greek passport holders is convenient and hassle-free, as there is no need to show papers in person at an embassy or consulate or to stand in long lines at the airport.
The e-Visa for India is valid for tourist, business, family and friend visits, and short-term medical treatment.
To get entry into India, Greek citizens must meet all the India visa requirements for the type of e-Visa required.
1. Indian e-Visa for Greek citizens:
In general, as a Greek citizen, you are able to use these types of e-visa below to enter India:
- e-Tourist visa: you can use this type of e-visa to stay in India for up to 30 days from the date you travel to India. In addition, this e-visa type cannot be extended or converted.
- e-Business visa: you can use this type to stay in India for up to 365 days from the date of granting with multiple entry times, each period of stay shall not exceed 180 days.
- e-Conference visa: you can use this type of visa to enter India for Government conferences or meeting purposes. The validity of this type is 30 days from the date of your arrival with single-entry only.
- e-Medical visa: you can use this type of e-visa to get medical treatment in India. With this type, you are able to stay in India for up to 60 days from the date of your first arrival. You also have 2 more times to enter India besides your first arrival.
2. India visa requirements for Greek citizens
Getting an e-visa to enter India is easy. All you need to do is provide adequate document paper for verification. Therefore, you should meet the following requirement list to get approval:
- Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months and 1 blank page for stamping and a scanned copy of your passport biographical page with 1 portrait photograph (clear face and background).
- Travel itinerary: your detailed plan to travel to India so it is highly recommended that you should not confirm your tour or flight bookings before your e-visa is issued.
- A valid email address is necessary to receive your result.
- Additional documents: depending on your type of travel e-visa, you will need to provide some specific documents for confirmation. Take an e-visa for business, for example, you will need your invitation letter and/or your business card. Moreover, you can add your COVID-19 insurance to maintain your approval chances and more importantly, keep your benefit when traveling abroad.
Read more: How to apply for India eVisa.
3. Apply for an Indian e-Visa as Greek citizens
After completing all of the above requirements, Greek citizens could fill out the India e-Visa application form.
Personal information and passport information must be provided:
- Name exactly as it appears on the passport
- Date and place of birth
- Port of entry and estimated arrival date
- Passport number, nationality, date of issue, and expiration date
After filling out the form, the visa fees are paid with a debit or credit card.
4. India e-visa cost for Greek citizens and payment method:
After choosing your suitable type of e-visa, you will pay a total cost to complete your application process. In general, there are 2 kinds of India visa fees you need to pay: government and service fees. For the government fee, since Greece is not on the India exemption list so this fee is compulsory.
For the service fee, you can choose which type of service you want in the following list:
- Normal: used when you have enough time to wait for a response because this type of service ensures you get your e-visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: used when you want to get your e-visa in a day because the waiting time for this service is within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: used when you want to get an e-Visa as soon as possible. With this type of service you just need to wait for around 5 business hours.
Payment method: after choosing which service you will use, you will know how much your application costs. Therefore, you just need to pay by electronic transfer or wire transfer to complete your application process.
If you choose an electronic payment method, consider using Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal for secure transfer.
The e-Visa will be sent to your email address after it has been approved. You should print it and bring it with you to India, along with a valid passport.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- China- SAR Hongkong
- China- SAR Macau
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cote d’lvoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor