Indian visa requirements for Swiss citizens - Indian Immigration
1. India Visa for Swiss citizens
A visa required for Swiss travelers before entering India. In 2014, India introduced an online e-Visa, allowing citizens of 166 countries to apply for an e-Visa, including Swiss citizens.
To be specific, there are 4 kinds of Indian e-Visa for people come from Switzerland:
- e-Tourist Visa: used for tourism purposes. The validity of this type is 30 days from the day of entry in India with single-entry only.
- e-Business Visa: used for business trips to India. This is the special type of e-Visa because it has the longest validity which is up to 1 year.
- e-Conference Visa: valid in 30 days with single-entry only.
- e-Medical Visa: valid in 60 days with triple-entry.
In general, applying for an India visa for citizens of Switzerland is a simple and fast process that can be completed with an internet connection from anywhere in the world within 15 minutes. Swiss citizens can apply for an electronic tourist visa, business visa, or medical visa, depending on the purpose of your visit.
2. India Visa requirements for Swiss citizens:
Apart from the online application, some documents must be submitted for the electronic visa.
Indian visa requirements for Swiss citizens include the following:
- The passport was valid for at least 6 months from the date of intended arrival. With one blank passport page at least for stamps. A digital scan of it would be required.
- A recent front-facing photo with a white background.
- Flight ticket for the return flight or ticket for the next flight (if you already have one) or your itinerary information about your stay. It also could be your business invitation letter if you apply for a business e-visa.
Please note that you have to have an email address, the one you check regularly. For Swiss citizens, the application for the India Visa from Switzerland is recommended to submit 3 days in advance, starting by filling the online form .
It is highly recommended that you should include a Covid-19 Insurance in your document to make your visa approval easier.
3. India Visa fee for Swiss citizens:
In order to complete your application, you will have to pay a charging fee. There are 2 kinds of fees you need to know, which are government and service fees. Government fee is regulated by Indian authority and cannot be adjusted, but you can choose service fee depending on your demands:
- Normal: used in most casual cases when you have enough time to prepare and wait for a response. This basic option will help you get your Visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: used when you need a Visa in a hurry. This option can help you get approval within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: suitable for emergencies when you need to get Visa as soon as possible. This option can help you get your Visa in as soon as we can, from 5 business hours.
Payment method: after choosing your service type, proceed to payment and choose your method to complete the whole process and you can either choose electronic payment or wire transfer. With electronic payment, there are options for you, such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal.
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- China- SAR Hongkong
- China- SAR Macau
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cote d’lvoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor