Indian e-Visa requirements for Swiss citizens
Before entering India, Swiss citizens must get a visa. Electronic visas were introduced in India in 2014, allowing nationals of 166 countries, including Swiss citizens, to apply online for a tourist, medical, or business e-Visa. Applying for an India visa for Swiss citizens is a straightforward and quick process that can be done in about 15 minutes from anywhere in the world if the applicant has access to the internet. Every time you turn around, there is something fresh to see and do in India. It is a huge and diverse country filled with natural beauty, surreal architecture, meticulous design, lush landscapes, over 20 World Heritage sites, backwaters, deserts, mountains, religious rites, and food and culture. Continue reading to learn more about the Indian e-Visa requirements for Swiss citizens.
1. India e-Visa for Swiss citizens
To be specific, there are 4 kinds of India e-Visa from Switzerland:
- e-Tourist Visa: used for tourism purposes. The validity of this type is 30 days from the day of entry in India with single-entry only.
- e-Business Visa: used for business trips to India. This is a special type of e-Visa because it has the longest validity which is up to 1 year.
- e-Conference Visa: valid in 30 days with single-entry only.
- e-Medical Visa: valid in 60 days with triple-entry.
In general, applying for an India e-Visa for citizens of Switzerland is a simple and fast process that can be completed with an internet connection from anywhere in the world within 15 minutes. Swiss citizens can apply for an electronic tourist visa, business visa, or medical visa, depending on the purpose of their visit.
2. Which Documents Are Required for Swiss Citizens to Get an Indian Visa?
Apart from the online application, some documents must be submitted for the electronic visa.
The following is a list of the online Indian Visa requirements for Swiss citizens:
- The passport was valid for at least 6 months from the date of intended arrival. With one blank passport page at least for stamps. A digital scan of it would be required.
- A recent front-facing photo with a white background.
- Flight ticket for the return flight or ticket for the next flight (if you already have one) or your itinerary information about your stay. It also could be your business invitation letter if you apply for a business e-Visa.
Please note that you have to have an email address, the one you check regularly. For Swiss citizens, the application for the India e-Visa from Switzerland is recommended to submit 3 days in advance, starting by filling out the online form.
It is highly recommended that you should include Covid-19 Insurance in your document to make your visa approval easier.
3. When traveling to India, how do Swiss citizens apply for an e-Visa?
Applying for an India visa from Switzerland is a simple and quick process that involves merely
- Filling out an online application form.
- Paying the visa fee.
- Attaching the necessary papers.
It eliminates the necessity for appointments and visits to embassies or consulates. The online application process takes no more than 15 minutes in total.
It normally takes a few business days to get the visa approved. The confirmation and status of the visa will be emailed to the email address provided in the application form. Upon permission, passengers can enter India by one of 28 airports or 5 seaports.
It is necessary to go with the same passport that was used to apply for the online electronic Indian visa.
4. When applying for an e-Visa in Switzerland, are there any fees involved?
In order to complete your application, you will have to pay a charging fee. There are 2 kinds of India e-Visa fees you need to know, which are government and service fees. Government fee is regulated by Indian authority and cannot be adjusted, but you can choose a service fee depending on your demands:
- Normal: used in most casual cases when you have enough time to prepare and wait for a response. This basic option will help you get your Visa within 3 business days.
- Urgent: used when you need a Visa in a hurry. This option can help you get approval within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: suitable for emergencies when you need to get Visa as soon as possible. This option can help you get your Visa in as soon as we can, within 5 business hours.
Payment method: after choosing your service type, proceed to payment and choose your method to complete the whole process you can either choose electronic payment or wire transfer. With electronic payment, there are options for you, such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal.