India e-Visa requirements for citizens of Trinidad and Tobago
More than 160 nationalities, including Trinidad and Tobago residents, can now apply for an Indian e-Visa. That is fantastic news for citizens of Trinidad and Tobago because if you are from this nation, you no longer need to go to the Indian embassy to obtain an India Visa for Trinidad and Tobago. The only thing you need now is a device and an internet connection to apply for an Indian e-Visa online.
The Indian e-Visa is easier to obtain than the traditional Indian visa, which must be obtained through the embassy. As a result, you won't be wasting your time and effort.
In this article, we will provide you with more information about this e-Visa and what you need to do to obtain it.
Types of India e-Visa for citizens of Trinidad and Tobago
To ensure that you obtain the correct visa for your trip, the Indian government has issued four types of Indian e-Visas to citizens of Trinidad and Tobago.
- e-Tourist Visa: Utilized for tourism and sightseeing purposes. This type of visa allows you to stay in India for up to 30 days from the date of your arrival and cannot be extended or changed.
Beside a short-term e-tourist visa, you now can use 2 other types of e-tourist visas, including one-year and five years e-tourist visas, which were restored by the Government of India on 16 March 2022. You can use these e-tourist visas for a variety of reasons, including participating in a short-term yoga program, eroling on short-term courses in local languages, cooking, or volunteering (not over one month). With these e-tourist visas, you can travel to India whenever you want and stay in the country for 365 days (for 1-year e-tourist visa), up to 5 years (for 5 years e-tourist visa) from the date of ETA issuance. The duration of a continuous stay must not be over 90 days.
- e-Business Visa: This type of visa allows you to participate in business activities in India. If you use an e-Business visa, you may visit the nation as many times as you want and stay there for 365 days with each stay must not be over 180 days.
- e-Conference Visa: This e-visa type only allows you to enter India for a government-sponsored meeting. With a single-entry visa, you can stay for up to 30 days from the day of your arrival.
- e-Medical Visa & Medical Attendant: When you need to go to India for medical treatment or take care of patients having medical treatment in India, you will utilize these visa types. If you use e-Medical & Medical Attendant visa, you can stay in India for up to 60 days with triple-entry.
India visa requirements for citizens of Trinidad and Tobago
Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago who want to obtain an India e-visa must meet a few requirements. Before applying online for an Indian e-Visa, you must have the following:
- A valid Trinidad and Tobago passport with at least one blank visa page and at least six months validity when you arrive in India.
- A scanned copy of the passport biographical page and a separate passport-size photo.
- Travel itinerary: A plan for your trip to India is necessary. As a result, it is strongly advised that you do not confirm your tour or travel reservations until your e-visa has been obtained.
- Side document: You will be required to give some additional papers linked to your e-visa type. For example: To obtain an e-Business visa, you should have an invitation letter from the host or your business card ID card or Passport of the Host in India for verification.
Apply for an India e-Visa as citizens of Trinidad and Tobago
- Step 1: Spend just one minute to choose what type of e-visa for your trip to India
- Step 2: It will just take you a few minutes to complete the India e-Visa application form. The majority of the questions and sections ask for basic personal information such as your full name, date of birth, gender, and residence. The questions about your passport number, date of arrival, and departure must be carefully completed.
- Step 3: When you're done with the form, double-check that all the information is correct. Your information must be entered exactly as it is in your passport. After reviewing your information, you will be required to pay for the cost of your e-Visa for India. Your application will be processed once you have paid the electronic visa for the India charge.
- Step 4: You will receive the confirmation of your application for an India e-visa by email if all the information is provided correctly. Remember to check your email about the further updates of the Indian e-visa for citizens of Trinidad and Tobago. You should also keep this email because it is the formal confirmation of your accepted Visa. Before traveling to India, you must print at least one copy of your India e-Visa. When you arrive at one of the specified ports of entry, you must present your printed Electronic Indian Visa as well as your passport.
India e-Visa fee for citizens of Trinidad and Tobago
In general, the overall cost of an India e-Visa for citizens of Trinidad and Tobago is substantially lower than that of a regular visa, and there is also less waiting time. To be more exact, you will be charged two types of India visa fees: government fees and service fees.
Because Trinidad and Tobago is not on the India exemption list, government fee is mandatory.
The service fees are charged based on the visa service that you use, as seen below:
- Normal: established service that will help you receive your e-Visa in 3 business days.
- Urgent: the advanced service that can assist you in obtaining your e-Visa within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent: the highest level of service that can assist you in receiving your e-Visa within around 5 business hours.
Our service allows both electronic and wire transfers as payment methods. You can pay electronically using one of the following methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or PayPal.
We also highly recommend you to purchase Covid-19 Insurance when applying for an Indian e-visa. You will be covered against numerous dangers, including the Covid pandemic, when you are not in your native country. We also want to emphasize that this is an optional step that you can take based on your specific circumstances.