Does Sri Lanka need a visa for India?
Yes, citizens of Sri Lanka require a visa to travel to India. They must obtain a valid visa before their trip, regardless of the purpose of their visit, such as tourism, business, education, or other activities.
Sri Lankan travelers visiting India will require a visa for their trip. Depending on the purpose of their visit, the duration of their short-term stay can last for 30, 90, or 180 days. It is important to note that fully vaccinated Sri Lankan travelers must fill in a self-declaration form online within 72 hours before their travel. This online form replaces the requirement for a negative pre-departure Covid-19 test for vaccinated Sri Lankan citizens.
To make the visa application process faster and more convenient, Sri Lankan nationals can apply for an e-visa. The e-visa application can be completed online on the Indian Immigration Services website, allowing applicants to apply from anywhere in the world within just under 15 minutes. The processing time for the e-visa is typically no more than 3 working days, and once approved, Sri Lankan travelers will receive their e-visa via email.
It is important for Sri Lankan travelers to ensure they have a valid passport with a minimum validity of six months from the date of arrival in India. Additionally, they should carefully review the specific requirements and documents needed for their visa category before submitting their application.
- How to travel to India from the UK?
- How far in advance can I apply for an Indian e-visa?
- What visa do I need for India from the UK?
- Do UK citizens need visas for India?
- Can I travel to India with a UK travel document?
- What do I need to travel to India from UK?
- Can I get an emergency visa for India?
- Why do medical tourists come to India?
- What business activities are allowed under the Indian e-Business Visa?
- Is the India e-Business Visa the same as an investor visa?