What is the most popular Indian food?
A trip to India is incomplete without trying the superb Indian cuisine. There are some dishes popular across the country and considered to be representative of Indian cuisine that should be mentioned as:
- Chaat: Chaat is a favorite street food in India that consists of a spicy combination of crunchy fried bread, boiled potatoes, chickpeas, yogurt, tamarind, mint chutneys, and an assortment of spices. This dish is typically accompanied by a scattering of sev, which are tiny, crispy noodles derived from chickpea flour. This special dish is frequently garnished with spices like cumin, chili powder, and chaat masala, which is a particular blend of spices intended for chaat.
- Butter chicken: Butter chicken is a popular Indian dish made from marinated chicken that is first grilled and then served in a rich gravy, also known as curry. Tomato, butter, and a unique spice blend are served as a base which adds to the slightly sweet flavor of the dish. Furthermore, the sweetness and richness of butter chicken are further enhanced with the addition of cashews and almonds. These nuts add to the creamy texture of the gravy while also imparting a nutty and sweet taste to the dish.
In addition, when traveling to India, you should not miss these Indian delicacies also: Biryani, Dosa, Korma, Madras Curry, Naan, Papadum, etc.
- Which language is spoken in Goa?
- Is it hard to get a SIM card in India?
- How to travel to India from Portugal
- Can I apply for a Business Visit to India on a Portuguese passport?
- Is there a requirement for Portuguese Citizens to visit the Indian Embassy at any stage?
- Do Portuguese citizens need visas for India?
- How to travel to India from Cambodia?