What visa do I need to visit India from Switzerland?
Every Swiss traveler can apply for an e visa on the online application form which is approved by the Indian government. Depending on the reasons of traveling to India, there are 4 main types of e visa for Swiss citizens:
- Tourist e visa for Swiss: is available for 1 month, 1 year and 5 years. The tourist e visa to India is granted for Swiss travelers who want to witness the beauty of attractive destinations in India and those who want to spend a holiday with relatives and friends living in India.
- Business e visa for Swiss: is valid for 12 months from the date of issue. The business e visa is meant for those who want to engage in commercial activities with the purpose of making a profit or engage in business transactions.
- Conference e visa for Swiss: is valid for 4 months from the date of issue. This type of visa is for those who want to hold or attend an international conference or discuss a specific business topic in a meeting.
- Medical e visa for Swiss: is valid for 4 months from the date of issue. The medical e visa is granted for Swiss travelers whose purpose of seeking medical treatment for themselves.
- How to travel to India from the UK?
- How far in advance can I apply for an Indian e-visa?
- What visa do I need for India from the UK?
- Do UK citizens need visas for India?
- Can I travel to India with a UK travel document?
- What do I need to travel to India from UK?
- Can I get an emergency visa for India?
- Why do medical tourists come to India?
- What business activities are allowed under the Indian e-Business Visa?
- Is the India e-Business Visa the same as an investor visa?