Foreign Travelers In India: How To Get A Great Experience?
India is as charming as it has been the whole time, always has an attraction for foreigners and this is why India is in the top travel nations over the world with over 17 million overseas travelers in just a year of 2019.
With a unique culture where religion appears on every side of life, this place is a destination you need to explore to feel the difference and eliminate the misunderstanding.
1. Why are foreigners visiting India?
People from other countries go to India for many reasons: tourist, business, medical treatment, visit or pilgrimages. An image of people waiting in line to enter temples or trekking through a plateau for a pilgrimage in India is a regular thing.
In India, there are many things waiting for you to explore: cuisine, scenery, culture, religion for tourism and intelligence technology development potential, or heavy industry for business. In addition, the medical techniques of India are on a higher level than the world average.
The great Taj Mahal tomb, one of the most majestic constructions in the world, is a destination for major travelers to India because of its sacred meaning: Built in the Agra, considered as an endless love between emperor Shah Jahan and his wife. Here, you can see how magnificent Mughal architecture is because it is one of the masterpieces of the world’s heritage.
One thing that makes India unique is the cuisine. Religion affects cuisine in how they eat food daily. In India, it is completely impossible to find beef dishes on Hinduism dining tables because in their belief, cows are God's mascot and for Muslims, eating pork is considered unclean for your body. Especially, at some places in India, people do not even eat vegetables since they believe when harvesting vegetables, creatures living around them will be affected.
Foreign travelers in India
2. Guidelines for foreigners visiting India
First, to enter India, you need to know some basic immigration guidelines to ensure your chances of getting accepted:
- First thing first, you will need to provide adequate Indian e-visa requirements to apply and get entrance approval.
- There are 28 airports and 5 seaports available for foreigners to arrive using e-visa.
- Money exchange is a crucial part. You can exchange money in an airport or seaport when you arrive or in local banks.
- If you are going to India for business purposes, consider gathering your related documents, such as a business card, invitation letter from an organization in India, and add them to your visa application documents.
3. Tips and interesting facts about traveling in India
To visit India, you need to know some crucial facts in order to have a great experience during your stay:
- First and foremost, dining substances are hard to find because Indian people use hands to put their food directly into their mouths as they believe food is the present from God and they need to eat by hand to fully feel blessings in dishes.
- Relating to hands, when you need to do something that only requires one hand, such as to receive or hold stuff, handshake, remember to use your right hand only because Indians consider the left hand to be used for hygiene activities after eliminating body waste.
Helpful tips about traveling in India
- Currency: the official currency of India is Rupee, and for most trading activities, people tend to use Rupee only. When you need to spend money, remember that money exchange booths in airports or banks are reliable places.
- Language: Indians can speak English well, but their pronunciation is different from other English you have ever heard, so preparing for this can avoid some misunderstandings.
- Respect the culture: always remember to do the same as local people do because some habits from other countries can be considered harmful and disrespectful to India. Take a pilgrimage tour as an example, when they give you a bracelet made from flowers, you should not take it off immediately. Instead, wearing it for a little time is a good way to show them your respect.
In conclusion, India Immigration Services want to point out that you should follow some simple rules before going into and exploring charming India to get a great experience. And always remember to bring your ID paper when going abroad to avoid unwanted situations. Wishing you a good trip to India!
- Varanasi Travel Guide for Spiritual Adventure of India's Sacred City
- Things To Know Before Traveling To India: Essential Tips For A Smooth Trip
- Tips For Traveling In India Before You Visit: Adventure Awaits
- Discovering the Rich Values and Traditions of Indian Culture
- Escape The Heat: Top 5 Enchanting Waterfalls In India For A Summer Getaway
- Foreign Travelers In India: How To Get A Great Experience?
- Understanding The Cultural Significance Of Solar New Year In India
- Reasons To Visit India: A Diverse and Enchanting Destination
- Divine Heritage: Top Best Temples To Visit In India
- Check Out The Best Places To Visit In India During Summer Time
- India Visa For US Minors - The Only Guide You Need
- A Guide On G20 eConference Visa For G20 Summit In India
- Top 10 Must-Try Food In Holi Festival
- Top 5 Best Place To Celebrate Holi In India 2023
- Step into a Rainbow World of Fun and Festivity: Holi Festival 2023 in India
- Reasons for Indian e-Visa rejection
- Street Foods in India: A Delicious Adventure into the Heart of Indian Cuisine
- What Make Harvest Festivals Of India Attract Visitor?
- The Best Time To Visit India: A Guide To Planning Your Trip
- Find Out 6 Amazing Adventure Tourism In India For Your Bucket List
- The Top List of Must-Visit Tourism Pilgrimage Destinations in India
- Joining Scuba Diving In India To Explore The Stunning Underwater Universe
- Famous traditional dances of India you may want to know
- Experience Vast Subcontinent With The Gorgeous Fairs And Festivals In India
- The best tips to prepare for your vacation to India with traditional food of India
- The Famous Michelin-Starred Restaurants in India For Food-lovers
- Top 5 Best Places For Solo Travel In India That You Shouldn’t Miss Out To Visit
- Restricted Areas In India For Foreign Tourists
- Top 6 Best Honeymoon Destinations In India
- Discover The Eco-Friendly Beaches In India Winning The Blue Flag Award
- Top 5 best national parks in India for your travel in 2022
- Top gorgeous traditional clothing in India make up the Indian cultural identity
- Diwali - Light Up Your Soul With India’s Festival Of Lights
- Indian Immigration Services suggests India as an ideal destination for wellness tourism
- What You Need To Know About India E-visa Photo Requirements
Get DISCOUNT 40% for Holi - The World's Most Colorful Festival.
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- Happy Republic Day 2020
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Diwali - the festival of lights
- Five useful tips for your India trip
- Top 3 places for a wonderful trip to India
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Hot deal for you to discover India's Heaven
- India applies free e-visa for Indonesians
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- 5 Tips for India first-timers (Part 1)
- Mouthwatering foods to eat in India-Part 2
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- The mouthwatering foods to eat in India-Part 1
- Great festivals in India, great Deal for e-Visa!
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- India eVisa information
- Where to go in India
- Indian Cuisines
- Holidays in India in 2015
- Things to know before visiting India
- Overview about India
- India changes name of visa on arrival to eVisa
- India launches new visa rules to boost tourism
- Top 10 tourist attractions in India
- Weather in India