What should be Singapore Citizens be aware of if coming to India on e-Visa?
The information supplied on this page for the Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) is sufficient for Singapore nationals; nevertheless, the extra information and advice will be useful to prevent the humiliation of being rejected or refused admission into India. Indian Business Visa and Business Visitor coming on Indian Business Visa provide useful information to assist you plan a successful business trip to India.
- Try not to Overstay: You should be aware that you must follow the rules of the country and avoid overstaying. In India, there is a punishment of $300 for staying more than 90 days. The Indian government can also make a legal action to enforce a penalty. By overstaying in India, you may also harm your reputation for future travel and make it difficult to secure visas for other countries.
- Take a printout of the Indian visa that was emailed to you: While it is not required for Singapore citizens to have a paper copy of the eVisa (India Visa Online), it is more secure to do so because your mobile phone with the email confirmation may be damaged or the battery may be depleted, and you will be unable to provide proof of having obtained an electronic Indian Visa (eVisa India). A paper printout serves as additional proof.
- Make sure your travel document contains two blank pages: The Government of India never approaches Singapore citizens for the visa stamp on your actual passport and only demands a scan copy of the passport's biodata page during the eVisa India (Indian Visa Online) application procedure, thus we don't know how many clear pages are in your passport. You must have two empty or blank pages so that Indian Immigration Department officers can add a section stamp and a leave stamp to your identity at the airport.
- Legitimacy for a half-year visa: Your identifying travel document, which is usually a passport, must be valid for a half year on the date you apply for an Indian visa.
- Can I fly from Dubai to Goa?
- Can I get an Indian visa for medical reasons?
- Is it safe to travel to Mumbai now?
- Can I travel to India with old OCI and new UAE passport?
- How to travel to India from UAE?
- Can UAE residents travel to India?
- How to travel to India from Singapore?
- Is India good for tourism?
- Why is India a famous tourist place?
- What is the Indian Tourist Visa Validity?