The Indian Government allows travelers to apply for e-Tourist Visa from Oct 15, 2021.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all visas granted to foreigners were suspended last year. Various other restrictions were also imposed on international travel by the Central Government to arrest the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. After considering the evolving COVID-19 situation, foreigners were later on allowed to avail any kind of Indian visa other than Tourist Visa for entry and stay in India.
However, the MHA had been receiving representations from several State Governments as well as various stakeholders in the tourism sector to start Tourist Visas also, to allow foreign tourists to come to India. Therefore, the MHA consulted all major stakeholders like the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Ministry of External Affairs, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Ministry of Tourism and various State Governments where foreign tourists are expected to arrive.
After considering various inputs, the MHA has decided to begin granting of fresh Tourist Visas for foreigners coming to India through chartered flights with effect from October 15, 2021. Foreign tourists entering into India by flights other than chartered aircraft would be able to do so only with effect from November 15, 2021 on fresh Tourist Visas. All due protocols and norms relating to COVID-19 as notified by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare from time to time, shall be adhered to by the foreign tourists, carriers bringing them into India and all other stakeholders at landing stations.
With this, the restrictions placed on visa and international travel stand further eased given the present overall COVID-19 situation.
- India to Allow Validity Extension of Business Visa to Up to 15 years
- India makes it easier for foreign nationals’ entry
- India e-visa is now available for Saudi Arabia
- Indian mission warns UAE job seekers over visa status
- Visiting India? e-Visa rules modified
- Announcement of new Indian e-Visa Fee of Country/Territory Wise
- Requirments for Extension of Visa
- Travel Benefits By Ship
- Extension of eTourist Visa scheme to 37 more countries
- Indian government extends eTourist visa for 36 more countries