Top 5 Best Places For Solo Travel In India That You Shouldn’t Miss Out To Visit
There are some things in life that you must accomplish alone, completely, and at least once. Nowadays, solo travel is gaining popularity among the travel community. It offers an opportunity to discover yourself and learn valuable lessons that can help you become stronger and more confident.
If you are planning a solo trip to India, you do not need to worry. India is an ideal destination for its majestic temples, beautiful natural landscapes, ancient architecture, friendly people, unique culture, superb cuisine, and vibrant festivals. There are so many great destinations for your solo trip to India that you are spoiled for choice. If you want to escape crowds or explore new things, solo travel is a journey of self-discovery with adventures that help relax your mind and promote spiritual rejuvenation. This article provides some useful information about the best places for solo travel in India for a memorable vacation that you should refer to.
The places listed below are the best places for solo travel in India
Traveling does not necessarily have to go with friends or family; sometimes alone in strange lands, meeting new friends, freely exploring the landscape, eat delicious food is a pleasant experience. India is a great destination to explore alone. From the mountains to the beaches, from the culture to the people, you can enjoy everything in the subcontinent. Out of numerous amazing places that may provide you with the perfect trip, here are the list of amazing places to travel alone in India that you shouldn't miss seeing.
Hampi - Ancient Ruins
Hampi is a paradise for art and history buffs. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in Karnataka. More than 500 ancient monuments are scattered across the beautiful backdrop of hills, so be sure you have enough time for this trip!
You can walk or ride a bike to explore this city of ruins. Do not miss visiting the remnants of the Vijayanagar Empire and exploring ancient temples and other structures. Hampi's attractiveness is also enhanced by the river Tungabhadra, which features coracle boats and stone hills. With its unique architecture, Hampi is undoubtedly one of themost beautiful places for your solo trip in India.
Hampi - One of the most beautiful places for your solo trip in India
Manali - Stunning Himalayan Peaks
Manali is always a favorite destination for the adventurous type. The town of Manali, situated in the lap of the Himalayas in India’s northern Himachal Pradesh state, is also among the best places for solo travel in India. This hill town has two major seasons: Winter and summer. Travelers can choose to visit in the winter and enjoy the snowfall as well as engage in snow sports. On the other hand, summer is the perfect time to experience rock climbing, river rafting, and other sports.
In addition, Manali is an ideal location for a spiritual vacation. The Dalai Lama has previously chosen Hidimba Devi Temple as a place to share his teachings, so it has become one of the more well-liked pilgrimage destinations in the area. Other than temples tucked away in the valley, the old town, and monasteries, you can also explore the Solang valley on your solo trip to this location.
Manali - Among the best places for solo travel in India
Darjeeling - Lush Tea Plantations
Another good place for a solo trip in India for nature lovers is Darjeeling in Northeast India. This hillside town has some picturesque vistas that you absolutely must explore. You will never grow bored of this hill station, which has everything from famous tea estates to charming tiny eateries in the town. With so many affordable guesthouses and hostels, it's a terrific getaway from hectic cities and a wonderful place for solo travelers.
The third-highest mountain in the world, Mount Kanchenjunga, may be seen in awe from Darjeeling. You can enjoy the breathtaking scenery by taking the toy train ride via the Batasia Loop, which offers stunning views of this magnificent mountain. You can also take a gondola ride and explore colonial architecture in Darjeeling.
Darjeeling - Another good place for a solo trip in India
Puducherry - Beautiful Churches
Next on our list of the best solo trip destinations in India is Puducherry, known as the French Riviera of the East. The architecture of Puducherry is heavily influenced by France, and you may have some of the finest seafood meals when visiting this place. Beautiful and romantic cafes, as well as beach parties, are on the other side of Puducherry if you want to de-stress after a busy day.
You should also make sure to visit Aurobindo Ashram and Matri Mandir on your trip to Puducherry. The local markets, temples, and villages with traditional Tamil homes are also spots that should not be missed. You can also take the road from Chennai to Puducherry for a solo trip to India.
Puducherry - One of the best solo trip destinations in India
Varanasi - Oldest Living City
When planning a solo trip in India, the temple towns like Varanasi are among the must-sees. It is one of the oldest cities in India and is also a holy place in the Hindu religion. Settled on the banks of the beautiful Ganga River, the city forges a special connection with international travelers.
Varanasi is known as the City of Temples and a beacon of a culture where you can discover something new. It is also a center for silk weaving, so use your haggling skills for some lovely items at the local bazaar.
Varanasi - One of the Amazing Places to Travel Alone in India
Best Time To Go On A Solo Trip In India
India is a country where you are worth spending time traveling alone, with a diversity of cultures, languages, and food, as well as countless beautiful attractions. Most importantly, to be able to enjoy the trip to the fullest, you should find out the right time to travel to India, especially when you travel alone.
You can simply imagine that this country consists of only 03 seasons: the summer is quite hot, the rainy season is short, and the winter is not too cold. So you can travel to India at any time of the year. But to enjoy the best atmosphere here, in winter, from December until early March, is the best time for a solo trip in India. During this time, the weather is more likely to be warm, sunny, and dry.
Useful Information To Explore These Places To Travel Alone In India
After you have been to India, you will know why the country is listed among the most amazing destinations for your first solo trip. However, international visitors need to obtain a visa before traveling to India. But don't worry. Visas can be applied online. We can help you obtain an e-Visa easily by completing the e-Visa application form instead of waiting in a long line at the Embassy or Consulate. With years of experience and excellent staff, India Immigration Services can accompany you on your trip to India without worrying about visa fees.
- India Visa For US Minors - The Only Guide You Need
- A Guide On G20 eConference Visa For G20 Summit In India
- Top 10 Must-Try Food In Holi Festival
- Top 5 Best Place To Celebrate Holi In India 2023
- Step into a Rainbow World of Fun and Festivity: Holi Festival 2023 in India
- Reasons for Indian e-Visa rejection
- Street Foods in India: A Delicious Adventure into the Heart of Indian Cuisine
- What Make Harvest Festivals Of India Attract Visitor?
- The Best Time To Visit India: A Guide To Planning Your Trip
- Find Out 6 Amazing Adventure Tourism In India For Your Bucket List
- The Top List of Must-Visit Tourism Pilgrimage Destinations in India
- Joining Scuba Diving In India To Explore The Stunning Underwater Universe
- Famous traditional dances of India you may want to know
- Experience Vast Subcontinent With The Gorgeous Fairs And Festivals In India
- The best tips to prepare for your vacation to India with traditional food of India
- The Famous Michelin-Starred Restaurants in India For Food-lovers
- Restricted Areas In India For Foreign Tourists
- Top 6 Best Honeymoon Destinations In India
- Discover The Eco-Friendly Beaches In India Winning The Blue Flag Award
- Top 5 best national parks in India for your travel in 2022
- Top gorgeous traditional clothing in India make up the Indian cultural identity
- Diwali - Light Up Your Soul With India’s Festival Of Lights
- Indian Immigration Services suggests India as an ideal destination for wellness tourism
- What You Need To Know About India E-visa Photo Requirements
Get DISCOUNT 40% for Holi - The World's Most Colorful Festival.
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- Happy Republic Day 2020
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Diwali - the festival of lights
- Five useful tips for your India trip
- Top 3 places for a wonderful trip to India
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Hot deal for you to discover India's Heaven
- India applies free e-visa for Indonesians
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- 5 Tips for India first-timers (Part 1)
- Mouthwatering foods to eat in India-Part 2
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- The mouthwatering foods to eat in India-Part 1
- Great festivals in India, great Deal for e-Visa!
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- India eVisa information
- Where to go in India
- Indian Cuisines
- Holidays in India in 2015
- Things to know before visiting India
- Overview about India
- India changes name of visa on arrival to eVisa
- India launches new visa rules to boost tourism
- Top 10 tourist attractions in India
- Weather in India