Top 6 Best Honeymoon Destinations In India
If you and your partner have just started a marriage relationship, a honeymoon is indispensable for building feelings and preserving memorable moments. India is among the top international destination chosen by many couples. Here are the top 6 best honeymoon destinations in India for couples to enjoy, relax, and unwind. Let's pick up the most romantic honeymoon destination and let love do the rest for you.
Choosing the best time to visit honeymoon destinations in India is crucial
Most people love to travel to India in the winter season, usually from December to March. The weather at this time is quite cool during the day and only a bit cold at night. This is a great time to see the clear blue beaches or explore the famous snow-covered hill stations.
On the other hand, some honeymoon couples prefer summer getaways to experience honeymoon destinations in India. In the summer, they can enjoy the sun and see the beauty of nature.
List of honeymoon destinations in India for your romantic trip
A honeymoon is not only a trip but also a way to make a mark for a happy marriage. So, why not enjoy these moments at the best honeymoon places in India? Bringing you a vibrant but equally romantic and dreamy atmosphere, you won't be disappointed by your decision to spend your honeymoon at one of the honeymoon destinations in India listed below:
1. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
With many stunning beaches, historical sites, and various water sports, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a lovely destination to make your honeymoon a beautiful memory. A touch of mesmerizing and a sprinkle of romance will leave you both hypnotized. Additionally, honeymoon couples can enjoy stunning attractions and experience water sports like snorkeling and scuba diving.
We recommend visiting some of the best beaches in Andaman, including Kalapathar Beach, Elephant Beach, Karmatang Beach, and Radhanagar Beach. You can schedule a candlelit dinner or camp on the beach to enjoy a serene ambiance. Simply walking on the trail from Mt. Harriet to Madhuban and admiring the wilderness with its varied flora and fauna is also advisable.
Honeymoon couple enjoys walking along scenic Havelock Island sea beach Andaman
Dubbed the party capital of India, this little heaven is the perfect honeymoon destination in India for couples who have the spirit of playing and being free. Goa is renowned not only for bustling nightclubs and classy restaurants but also for its blue beaches with golden sand.
If both of you are not party-goers, you can experience adventure water sports or enjoy the romantic and quiet atmosphere on pristine beaches such as Bogmalo or Varca Sinquerim. This place is also well-known for its superb specialties; thus, honeymoon couples can experience Goa's cuisine with fresh seafood dishes.
Immersing yourself in luxury hotels and enjoying romantic candlelit dinners are must-do things when visiting Goa. Rent a bicycle or motorbike and explore the surroundings at your own pace, or just take a simple walk on the sand to warm you and your partner up. These things make Goa one of the most romantic honeymoon destinations in India.
Sunset on palm beach in Goa - One of the romantic honeymoon destinations in India
Known for the exquisiteness of nature, Alleppey attracts newlyweds from all over the world. Alleppey offers couples a romantic honeymoon aboard houseboats with shiny wooden floors and luxurious amenities. And then, they can recollect the happy moments of their wedding ceremony on these houseboats while enjoying the magic of the backwaters in this quaint town.
What's better than waking up to a warm sunrise and the melodic sound of birds, watching traditional village life and the serenity of the waters, and being in awe of the breathtaking sunset views? The destination helps you and your companion enjoy a relaxing time together.
Yoga, Ayurvedic massages, spa treatments, meditation, and delicious seafood are all things couples can enjoy while staying here. The city's well-known beaches and the ancient churches are also worthwhile stops. If you are interested in discovering a new culture, why not attend a Kathakali or Kalaripatu dance session and learn more about Kerala's heritage?
Read more: Apply for an India e-Visa for honeymoon couples
Alleppey backwaters landscape in Kerala state
If you want to save money after a fancy wedding but still want to have an international honeymoon, then consider Dalhousie among the cheapest honeymoon destinations in India.
With its panoramic views and snow-capped mountains, and lofty pines, Dalhousie will never disappoint you on your honeymoon travel!
The best way to fully appreciate this destination's mesmerizing beauty is to watch the sunrise on the hilltops with your spouse. At the end of the day, you can go shopping at the Tibetan Market. After the sightseeing, you can have a candlelit dinner at the beautiful Moti Mahal to perfectly finish your evening.
View at Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh, India - One of the cheapest honeymoon destinations in India.
Nestled in a tranquil setting, the charming hill town boasts a magical beauty. Take your partner to Darjeeling, one of the best honeymoon destinations in India, to plan a romantic date. With its slopes of rolling hills of tea, orchids, and rhododendrons, Darjeeling is as romantic as something straight out of a fairy tale.
You can try picking tea from the famed and beautiful Darjeeling tea gardens. Experience Teesta river rafting or trekking to Sandakphu is a must while you visit Darjeeling. Here is also a culinary paradise, Momos and Thukpa are the popular local street food there.
A village of Darjeeling - One of the best honeymoon destinations in India
If you want to enjoy a romantic and secluded honeymoon, Mussoorie, in Uttarakhand, should be on the list of honeymoon destinations in India. Situated in the lap of the Garhwal Himalayas, Mussoorie offers spellbinding views of breathtaking waterfalls, snow-capped mountains, and lush green valleys.
Trying sky bridges, cable car rides, and paragliding is some of the activities you cannot miss in Mussoorie during your honeymoon trip. Trekking and camping in the mountains will be an amazing experience if you're afraid of heights.
Enjoy leisurely strolls, and visit the crystal clear lakes and majestic waterfalls with your soulmate. Or watching its glorious sunsets in the stunning sights of Kempty Falls, one of the topmost locations in Mussoorie. The beautiful climate and lush green trees spread everywhere make you feel lost in wonderland.
The scenic beauty of the lake situated in Doon valley, Mussoorie, India
Useful information before visiting these honeymoon destinations in India.
Nowadays, tourists are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of visas when taking international flights. That's why honeymoon couples need to check if their country is on the Indian visa exemption list. If you are not a citizen of one of these countries, you need a visa to enter India legally.
But don’t worry, honeymoon couples can apply for an online visa. With years of experience, Indian Immigration Services mcan make it easier for you to get an e-Visa for your honeymoon in India.
We recommend you apply for your visa as soon as possible for your honeymoon. If you have any questions, please contact us. Our 24/7 service will answer all your questions.
- Varanasi Travel Guide for Spiritual Adventure of India's Sacred City
- Things To Know Before Traveling To India: Essential Tips For A Smooth Trip
- Tips For Traveling In India Before You Visit: Adventure Awaits
- Discovering the Rich Values and Traditions of Indian Culture
- Escape The Heat: Top 5 Enchanting Waterfalls In India For A Summer Getaway
- Foreign Travelers In India: How To Get A Great Experience?
- Understanding The Cultural Significance Of Solar New Year In India
- Reasons To Visit India: A Diverse and Enchanting Destination
- Divine Heritage: Top Best Temples To Visit In India
- Check Out The Best Places To Visit In India During Summer Time
- India Visa For US Minors - The Only Guide You Need
- A Guide On G20 eConference Visa For G20 Summit In India
- Top 10 Must-Try Food In Holi Festival
- Top 5 Best Place To Celebrate Holi In India 2023
- Step into a Rainbow World of Fun and Festivity: Holi Festival 2023 in India
- Reasons for Indian e-Visa rejection
- Street Foods in India: A Delicious Adventure into the Heart of Indian Cuisine
- What Make Harvest Festivals Of India Attract Visitor?
- The Best Time To Visit India: A Guide To Planning Your Trip
- Find Out 6 Amazing Adventure Tourism In India For Your Bucket List
- The Top List of Must-Visit Tourism Pilgrimage Destinations in India
- Joining Scuba Diving In India To Explore The Stunning Underwater Universe
- Famous traditional dances of India you may want to know
- Experience Vast Subcontinent With The Gorgeous Fairs And Festivals In India
- The best tips to prepare for your vacation to India with traditional food of India
- The Famous Michelin-Starred Restaurants in India For Food-lovers
- Top 5 Best Places For Solo Travel In India That You Shouldn’t Miss Out To Visit
- Restricted Areas In India For Foreign Tourists
- Top 6 Best Honeymoon Destinations In India
- Discover The Eco-Friendly Beaches In India Winning The Blue Flag Award
- Top 5 best national parks in India for your travel in 2022
- Top gorgeous traditional clothing in India make up the Indian cultural identity
- Diwali - Light Up Your Soul With India’s Festival Of Lights
- Indian Immigration Services suggests India as an ideal destination for wellness tourism
- What You Need To Know About India E-visa Photo Requirements
Get DISCOUNT 40% for Holi - The World's Most Colorful Festival.
- International Women’s Day
- Love Is In The Air
- Happy Republic Day 2020
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Diwali - the festival of lights
- Five useful tips for your India trip
- Top 3 places for a wonderful trip to India
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Hot deal for you to discover India's Heaven
- India applies free e-visa for Indonesians
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- 5 Tips for India first-timers (Part 1)
- Mouthwatering foods to eat in India-Part 2
- 300 Cheaper eVisa on Easter Day!
- The mouthwatering foods to eat in India-Part 1
- Great festivals in India, great Deal for e-Visa!
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- India eVisa information
- Where to go in India
- Indian Cuisines
- Holidays in India in 2015
- Things to know before visiting India
- Overview about India
- India changes name of visa on arrival to eVisa
- India launches new visa rules to boost tourism
- Top 10 tourist attractions in India
- Weather in India